He's finally arrived--three days late! I was induced on Sunday, March 1, and Miles was born at 5:17pm. He was 21 inches long and weighed a whopping 8 pounds, 8 ounces, HUGE for a Goodson boy. (our previous heavyweight was Trevor at 6 lbs 13 oz).
He wasn't very thrilled with being born, but quickly turned sleepy and refused to nurse or even suck on a finger until he was almost 36 hours old. Now he's figured it out, but he's very erratic. All the other boys would eat whenever they were offered the opportunity, but this child only will nurse when he wants to. Our first night home last night, he nursed a small amount at 1am, refused to nurse anymore, and would not eat again until 6:30. Now that would be great if he had been peacefully sleeping, but no. He was fussy and would not settle down for more than a half hour at a time and spent a lot of time screaming, so Ron especially got very little sleep. We're hoping tonight goes better!
Of course now as I write this, he is very peacefully asleep in his bouncy seat. . .
The boys are thrilled with him and one of our challenges is getting them to leave him alone.
We are very blessed to have this beautiful new little boy in our family. We're very thankful he's healthy and that the birth went well. We'll let you know how life as a family of six turns out!

6 comments:
Congratulations!!! I can't believe you had such a big baby. How are you feeling??? He is REALLY cute! I hope you get some sleep soon. I'm not looking forward to that part. Give me a call whenever you feel like talking or doing something. I can't wait to see Miles!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about you Sunday night, and I have been checking the blog everyday just waiting to hear about him!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! and I am SOOOOOO glad you got your Miles name! YEAH!!! congrats!
CONGRATULATIONS NATALIE!
HE IS A BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY!
WOW! AND THAT IS A BIG BABY FOR YOU, ISN'T? I thought you told me that your babies were around 6-7 lbs.? Good job! And you look good!
I'm so happy that he's here!! What a blessing to your already beautiful and fun family. I hope you get some sleep.
Congrats!! He looks like a doll. I can't wait to meet him!
Natalie, he is adorable!!! I can't wait to see him in person! I hope you are doing well and getting some sleep! I think it is pretty funny though that Miles was 8lbs 8oz, the exact same as Dane!
Post a Comment