
Some things just defy explanation. Today we were going to the Chinese Buffet for dinner. It's always a challenge to get the boys to get some shoes on and get in the van. Trevor was the last one, as usual, and stuffed his feet in some slip-on tennis shoes without socks. Once he was in the van, he decided he needed socks. I was reluctant to let him go back inside and find socks, since he's such a slowpoke. We told him to wait a minute while we said a family prayer and blessed our dinner early. After the prayer, I hear Ian say, "I only have one pair of socks in the van."
"What?" I said.
"I've got a pair of socks from camping in the van!"
"You have socks in the van still from camping?!" (Camping was almost a month ago.) I assume he had stuffed the socks into one of the little compartments in the back.
"Yes!"
"They must be absolutely filthy!"
"No, they aren't!"
Then Trevor pipes in, "No, look--they're only a little dirty on the bottom!" and he sticks his foot in the air. He was putting them on.
So Ian solved Trevor's problem of no socks. It just makes me wonder what else he can pull out from a hidden spot in the van to make Trevor happy.
Ron and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. What else could we do? Everyone was happy, so I swallowed my objections and we went out. It just goes to show how we've been worn down by four children, especially 6 year old twin boys!

1 comment:
HAHA! cute Natalie! this post made me smile! :)
Post a Comment